Thank you for applying for legal assistance from Franklin County Legal Services. A copy of the application you submitted will be emailed to you. We conduct eligibility screenings on Tuesdays and Thursdays via telephone. Please be available to answer your phone during that time. We will call you at some point during those days.
Please keep the following in mind to make the screening go smoothly:
- Be in a place where you are comfortable speaking about your legal concern.
- Have the following documents with you:
- Documents that give details about each household member’s income and assets.
- We will be asking you to give us information about the following (if applicable) for each household member:
- Salary, hourly wage, number of hours worked each week, social security benefits, child support received or paid, amount of money in the bank and cash on hand, property owned etc.
- Any document related to your legal issue. You may want to take pictures of the documents with your phone beforehand in case we ask you to send them to us.
- Please be prepared with the above information. Please keep in mind that if we are unable to screen you because of missing essential information, we may ask you to re-apply at another time.
- Children are not allowed to be present where they can overhear the conversation. Childcare should be arranged.
- If we are unable to reach you, we will leave you a voicemail advising that we will call back at a later time. We will attempt to call you a second time, and if we cannot reach you again, you will have to reapply if you still need assistance.
If you have any questions, please call us at 717-262-2326. Thank you, and we look forward to speaking with you.